Wednesday, September 14, 2011

COE issued! One last step to go

My certificate of eligibility was finally issued from Japan, so now I just have to wait for it to get here so I can send it off to the Japanese consulate in Miami and get my visa.  Can't wait for all this initial paperwork to be over with!  At least I'm able to mail it to Miami instead of having to go there in person, like I had to for my French visa.

Less than a month to go, and I still have stuff I need to get, too.  Gotta pick up a nice, versatile suit jacket for work (suit jacket is required!), and I still need a new carryon suitcase to replace my old one that was broken on the flight from New York to Jacksonville.  I would like a new big suitcase too if at all possible, one with four rolling wheels so it would be easier to carry.  I should also probably pick up either a backpack or a large duffel for short trips while I'm in Japan.  Now I'm regretting not getting a giant Longchamp travel bag when they were on sale in Paris!

I'm really glad for my Jessica McClintock job, haha.  I'm getting good hours so my last couple paychecks have been decent.  With homecoming season starting to be in full swing, maybe I can start making some commission too... lately sales have been too low for any commission but they have been picking up.  I'm still gonna be short the amount the company wants everyone to bring to Japan with them (since I won't get a full paycheck there until a couple months in), but hopefully I'll be able to manage with whatever I can scrape up.  It's not like I'm a stranger to living frugally, so it should be fine.


No comments: